This part of the interface graphically represents the time slots allocated to data backup.
Each column represents a day of the week, with midnight all the way up and 11pm all the way down.
To delete a backup schedule, click the cross at the top right of it.
To create one, click the + button at the top right of the planning. You can also double click anywhere within the planning.
To change its duration, click on the top or bottom of the backup range and move your mouse while clicking. You can move the mouse vertically to change the start or end time on the same day, or move it horizontally to change the day.
When inspecting a schedule, you can access its settings.
The inspector allows you to set:
- Selections to be processed during planning
- Bandwidth limitation
- Backup type to perform
To limit the bandwidth, select the "Limit bandwidth" check box and then enter the allocated bit rate in kilobytes per second in the field provided.
There are two backup types :
- "Online" backup : performs a backup on a group of Arx One servers. Those servers can be located on-site (backup appliance) or hosted. This backup mode is represented within the schedule by a cloud
- Local copy : backup performed on a physical medium such as a local disk, an external drive or a NAS. This backup mode is represented within the schedule by a folder
While scheduling your backups, you can choose different types of backup:
- Online: a single backup, performed on the first server (Appliance or hosted) and then synchronized to the others
- Local copy, then online: first backup performed locally and then a second one online (two different backups)
- Online, then local copy: first backup carried out online then the second one locally (two different backups)
- Local Copy Only: Backup to the selected media, no replication elsewhere
The default backup type is "Online".