Strategies are a way to drive backups of your entire set of machines in an efficient and completely centralized way.
They allow you to automate the backup configurations (entirely or partly) or to manage interface access.
Some basic rules are to be known to use the strategies effectively :
- A backup account can receive only one strategy at a time
- A modified strategy is automatically injected to the accounts using it, with a delay between one and two hours
- A strategy can only be applied to a backup account by a parent account
- A strategy applied to an account is also applied to is descending accounts
- It is possible to apply a strategy to an account and another one to its descending accounts. In case of a parameter conflict, the highest level strategy will preveil (the one from the parent account)
Every strategy is a configuration file allowing to force settings on every target account associated to it. Those configurations are based on a key-value model.
To learn how to create, modify or apply a strategy, please refer to the administration help in the console part.
Since Arx One Backup version 9, the backup configuration file is using the same synthax than the strategies. You can therefore configure a first account graphically (using the console) and use the content of its configuration file to create a strategy.
We categorized the strategy keys so that you can find all the necessary details as simply as possible: